I got through to the ATO today, regarding the letter I received about my ABN being cancelled. As I mentioned earlier, having an ABN (or any registered business entity) is required in order to purchase .com.au domain names.
Anyhow, the ATO girl (who sounded about 12 years old) simply ran me through a bunch of questions:
- What is your main business activity?
- Have you set up a trading name yet?
- Have you advertised you business?
- Have you purchased any business equipment / property?
- What else have you done to do with the business?
- When did you start trading?
- Is there other information you think is relevant?
After I answered all of the questions, she basically said I would receive a yay or nay letter within 28 days. I will follow up again when I get word.